Wednesday, May 2, 2007

When the Finger won't do...give 'em the Digit



WIWI: I've found that as effective as hand gestures are at communicating with other drivers when you're on the road, they have their limitations. I can't count how many times my "thanks!" wave has been mistaken for the "I've been a bonehead" slap on the head. And, they don't work very well at night.

This LED emoticon from ThinkGeek.com may be the perfect solution. You can tell this thing to flash a happy face or a sad face to the driver behind you, as well as to say "Thanks," "Back Off," and "Idiot." If only you could hack it to customize the messages.

ThinkGeek does note that it may not be legal in all states (Sorry, Tennessee!!!). I suspect mine (Minnesota) is one in which this might be contraband.

1 comment:

alison said...

i've seen this before and thought it was awesome. i love emoticons in general, but i don't have a car anymore. i suppose i could wear it around my neck, much like flava flav.